Year One Theme: Our Heritage
We examine our heritage as believers and as Americans.
- Foundations of the Old Testament - Patriarchs through the Exodus
- First Half of American History - Explorers through the Civil War
Year Two Theme: Unchanging God in a Changing World
We examine the results of decisions on nations - good changes and bad changes.
- The story of the nation of Israel and their land - Joshua-Malachi
- The story of our nation and our land - Post Civil War to the present
Year Three Theme: Great Civilizations
We examine the roots of our "Western" thinking juxtaposed to Christian world view.
- New Testament: Kingdom of God - the greatest Kingdom of all; the transcendent Kingdom
- Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Middle Ages, Renaissance and Reformation
Year Four Theme: Cultures in Contact
We examine how other cultures (non-Western) think and answer ultimate questions. We examine how missionaries respectfully go into a different culture, learn the culture and then use it as a springboard to present the gospel.
- The Bible as one story; using the Bible as a missionary
- Non-western cultures: Asia, Middle East, Africa, South America