Thank you for your interest in Holden Christian Academy! HCA has been serving the Christian families of central Massachusetts with a dynamic, creative, and biblically-integrated educational program since 1994. We are known for small class sizes, strong academics, interactive learning opportunities, and being a school community where every member feels safe, wanted, and loved.
We look forward to becoming acquainted with your family, and we stand ready to help you at any point in the admissions process. Please call the school office at (508) 829-4418 or email us if you have any questions or concerns. Our Admissions Manager can be reached at email@example.com.
We encourage all families to seek the Lord through prayer when they are considering a new school for their child(ren). Our website is an excellent resource to help you determine if HCA is a good fit for your student(s), and our Admissions Manager would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Applicants are prayerfully considered by our Admissions Committee and decisions are based on an appropriate match between student and school. It is not first come first served. The process is outlined below:
1. Please take a moment and fill out our inquiry form so that we can follow up with you personally. We will make a direct outreach to you within 24 business hours. (Please note: inquiries received over school vacations may not receive a response within 24 hours, but we will reach out on the next business day!)
2. For parents who would like to see our campus and learn more about HCA, we would be happy to set up an appointment to tour the school. A guided tour includes:
- Tour of entire facility
- Informal description of our program, mission, and philosophy
- An opportunity to ask questions and get the answers you need
- An informational folder to take home
Some families know, either from the website or word of mouth, that HCA is a good fit for their child(ren), and decide to skip the tour. If a parent applies for admission first, we will include a tour when you come in for your interview/child’s screening.
3. For those seeking admission to HCA, a parent must submit an online student application with a $75 non-refundable application fee for the first student. The cost of any additional student applications within a family is $25. All fees are made payable online at the time you submit your application. The $75 application fee covers your family for a lifetime; therefore if an alumni family applies, the application fee for their child(ren) is $25 .
4. The application for admission requires 2-3 references (pastor, current teacher, friend), and those references will be automatically contacted with a referral form upon submission of your student’s application. We recommend that you follow up with those people, as we require references to be received in time for the interview. Additionally, if your child has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan), please either upload that with the application or email it to our Admissions Manager upon submission of the application.
5. Needs-based Financial Aid is available. All families who are awarded assistance will be required to actively participate in activities to raise funds for the following year’s recipients. Participation in these activities will factor into award considerations in subsequent applications. Applications and supporting documentation required by FACTS Grant & Aid are due by the third Friday in April to be considered in the first round of financial aid awards. If families miss the initial deadline, they may apply and provide supporting documentation by the third Friday in May for consideration in the second round. Applicants can apply for financial aid at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid or by clicking here. There is an application fee of $35. This fee is paid directly to FACTS Grant & Aid, a third party tuition management company who processes our applications. Award decisions are made by the HCA School Committee and will be reviewed on an individual basis.
6. Once you have submitted your student’s application, please contact their current school and requests copies of :
- report cards,
- standardized test results,
- IEP and educational evaluation results (applicable for applicants with special needs.)
You may use our Records Request Form, found on our website.
7. The Admissions Manager will contact you to make an appointment for your student’s admissions screening and parent interview. We will do our best to accommodate those appointments on the same day/time when possible.
8. On the day of your student’s screening, please bring any report cards, standardized test results, and IEP information that has not yet been submitted to our Admissions Manager. (Please do not bring other children to the interview).
9. Following the student screening and parent interview, our Principal will present all admissions applications and screening information to the Admissions Committee for consideration.
10. The Admissions Manager, or a School Administrator, will notify the family concerning the decision of the Admissions Committee.
- If accepted, you will receive an acceptance email which will include instructions regarding our online enrollment procedure.
- If a student is not accepted to HCA and a family wishes to appeal this decision, the family must put this appeal in writing to the HCA School Committee.
11. Parents are asked to confirm acceptance with the completion of the online enrollment packet, which will include setting up a payment plan. The receipt of your student’s online enrollment packet, along with a non-refundable Family Tuition Deposit of $300, will secure your child’s place in a class at HCA. The Family Tuition Deposit will be credited to your June tuition payment.
12. Once a student is officially enrolled at Holden Christian Academy, the focus then shifts to preparing the student for a smooth transition into our school. Many helpful forms, policies, handbooks, and details can be found under the Family section of our website. Please also make sure to determine what supplies your student will need, whether they begin in September or at any other point in the school year, by clicking here.
Please contact the HCA school office at 508-829-4418, or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help, or have any questions or concerns about enrolling your child/children at Holden Christian Academy. We are here to help you!
Holden Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, or disabilities, in administration of its educational and admissions policies and other school administrated programs.