Thank you for your interest in Holden Christian Academy! HCA has been serving the Christian families of central Massachusetts since 1994, with a dynamic, exciting, and challenging educational program. We look forward to becoming acquainted with your family, and we stand ready to help you at any point in the admissions process.
Admissions at HCA are prayerfully considered and based on an appropriate match between student and school. It is not first come, first served. The process is outlined below:
Before you begin, seek the Lord's guidance on your educational choices. Be in consistent, regular prayer about this crucial decision, and seek out Scripture that will provide you with solid counsel.
1. Please take a moment and fill out our inquiry form so that we can be praying for your decision, as well as follow up with you regarding any questions your family might have. You may also call the school office directly at 508.829.4418. We will help you to schedule a tour with a member of our staff. A guided tour includes:
- Tour of entire facility
- Informal description of our program, mission, and philosophy
- An opportunity to ask questions and get the answers you need
Addendum August 2020:
We recognize that the current COVID-19 pandemic has impacted families in many unexpected ways, especially with respect to schooling our children. As public schools have announced hybrid or remote learning plans for the Fall, many are pursuing alternative schooling options for their children. We are glad that you are investigating Holden Christian Academy to meet your family’s needs. In order to better plan for our 2020-21 enrollment, we want you to understand that families enrolling at HCA are committing to a full academic year. Holden Christian Academy has always been dedicated to providing an excellent education for our extended community. The mission is the same in this season of COVID as it has been for 26 years. We remain resolute in:
Honoring God through
Creative learning and strong
Academics in a caring, fun-filled school.
It is important for children to have as much stability and predictability as possible, especially during the uncertainty of a pandemic. Watching children come and go from their classes would only add more stress to the children we serve. This is just one reason why it is so important that you partner with us for a full academic year. Wonderful things happen when children feel safe, wanted and loved at school, and we all look forward to a successful, satisfying year.
If accepted, you may still choose to pay the total year's tuition due in full or in monthly installments according to our financial policies. We are praying for God’s wisdom and leading for our students, families and greater community and we trust Him implicitly with the days ahead. A signed copy of this form must be emailed to email@example.com before an interview is scheduled.
2. Complete our online application and submit $75.00 non-refundable application fee for first child. The cost for each additional child is $25.00. This original $75.00 covers your family for a lifetime; for example, if you are an alumni, then you will only pay $25.00 for each application for your children.
3. Needs-based Financial Aid is available. All families who are awarded assistance will be required to actively participate in activities to raise funds for the following year’s recipients. Participation in these activities will factor into award considerations in subsequent applications. Applications and supporting documentation required by FACTS Grant & Aid are due by the third Friday in April to be considered in the first round of financial aid awards. If families miss this initial deadline, they may apply and provide supporting documentation by the third Friday in May for consideration in the second round. Please be aware that the majority of financial aid monies will be awarded during the first round. Applicants can apply at https://online.factsmgt.com/aid. There is an application fee of $35. This fee is paid directly to FACTS Grant and Aid, who processes our applications. Award decisions are made by the HCA School Committee and will be reviewed on an individual basis.
4. Send out three references (pastor, teacher, friend) via the online application. These must be received by HCA in time for your interview.
5. Contact your current school and request copies of report cards, standardized test results, IEP and educational evaluation results (applicable for applicants with learning challenges). Records Request Form
6. A member of our staff will contact your family to make appointments for admissions screening and interview.
7. Bring applying student, report cards, standardized test results, and IEP information to interview. (Please do not bring other children to the interview.)
8. Our Principal or member of our staff will present your application and screening information to our Admissions Committee for consideration.
9. A member of our Admissions staff will notify your family concerning the decision of the Admissions Committee.
- If accepted, you will receive an acceptance email which will include instructions regarding our online enrollment procedure.
- If a student is not accepted to HCA and a family wishes to appeal this decision, the family must put this appeal in writing to the HCA School Committee.
10. Confirm acceptance with completion of the online enrollment packet, which will include setting up a payment plan.
Upon receipt of the online enrollment packet and initial tuition payment, the student is officially enrolled at Holden Christian Academy. In order to provide HCA families with a system of enrollment that is seamless, HCA has adopted a continuous enrollment system where students are continually enrolled from their initial admission to HCA until they graduate from 8th grade, withdraw, or are otherwise separated from enrollment. If a family needs to withdraw (opt-out) from HCA, they will simply need to submit a written notice of withdrawal to the school office before May 31, in order to avoid the following year’s tuition payments being charged. The Continuous Enrollment Agreement will be signed through Online Application for new families beginning in the school year 2019-2020.
Holden Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, or disabilities, in administration of its educational and admissions policies and other school administrated programs.